university of alberta
The conference is being held in the Humanities Centre at the University of Alberta, which is situated on the Traditional Territory of Treaty Six.
Please consult the North Campus Map for further information.
getting to the university of alberta
There are several options to get to campus:
Taxis charged a metered rate of approximately $45 to $55 to get to campus. Find out more about the airport taxi service to Edmonton International Airport.
Sky Shuttle provides bus service betwen the airport and various locations and major hotels in Edmonton. A one-way fare is $18 and service operates at 30-45-minute intervals between 7:00 am to 1:00 am. Travel time to campus is 30 minutes. Tips:
- You can purchase tickets at the Sky Shuttle kiosk, located in the lower level (Arrivals) by door #7.
- When you purchase a ticket, tell the Sky Shuttle staff where you will be staying. The staff will then advise you of the nearest stop. The Sky Shuttle will not stop unless a location is requested, so make sure you inform them where you need to be let off.
- Ask for the Campus Tower Suite Hotel if you are staying on campus
Edmonton Transit (Route 747) + LRT (Subway)
Edmonton Transit's Route 747 provides one-way bus service between Edmonton International Airport and Century Park Transit Centre in Edmonton. From there, you can take the LRT (subway) to campus.
- runs 7 days a week from 4:10am - 12:30am
- one-way trip: $5 cash paid to driver
- free on-board Wi-Fi internet access.
- Once you arrive at the Century Park Transit Centre by bus, head west toward the Century Park LRT (subway) station. From there, you can purchase an ETS ticket for $3.00 at the Fare Vending Machine, and then validate it at an orange box when entering LRT “Proof of Payment area”.
- Once the ticket is validated, board the train heading to Clareview.
- If you will be staying in Lister, exit off at the Health Sciences/Jubilee station, and walk west on 87 Avenue towards the Butterdome which is a large yellow building to get to your residence.
- If you will be staying at Campus Tower Suite & Hotel, exit off at the University Transit Centre station, and go south to 87th Ave. Campus Towers is half a block west.
There is a block of rooms reserved at Campus Tower Suite & Hotel for conference guests until May 21, 2016. This hotel is located on campus and is 600 metres from the Humanities Centre (where the conference is being held).
Campus Tower Suite & Hotel is also in close proximity to Whyte Ave (independent shops), Vegan/vegetarian/veg options restaurants (Noorish, Café Mosaics, Remedy), Independent coffee shops (Transcend, Remedy, Leva), and grocery shops (Sobey's and Save On).
Premium Queen Suite Full Kitchen (Single $179/night; Double $179/night; Triple $199; Quad Rate $219).
Group code: ACT-GFC2290
*UPDATE* Campus Tower is now full.
There is a block of rooms reserved at the Varscona Hotel and at the Meterra for conference guests until May 31, 2016. These hotels are on Whyte ave, are close to campus, shops, and restaurants, and are also serviced by public transit (ETS) that will take you to campus (any of the buses).